Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I am a Moron

Let me tell you why I am a moron.

I made trips to Mal-Wart (i changed the name of this store to protect it from scrutiny) on the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and the day after Christmas.

All three times I just had to run in for a few small items.

All three times were an absolute nightmare.


On black friday (black is the color of death), I ran into the store for three things and it took so long that my milk expired as I walked out of the door.

Christmas Eve was not as bad but I still hated myself a little for going and I held my breath the whole time.

The day after Christmas I entered the Mal-Wart in Mt. Pleasant, TX and thought that I had walked into paradise. Every register was open. The place was running smoothly. People were laughing and prancing around like deer on a bright sunny day. I felt warm and tingly. I easily found my five items and made my way to the ten items or less lane (which is a blessing itself. most stores have raised the limit to twenty in the express lane. Twenty items is in no way express.) It was a wonderful experience until...

The woman in front of me had 63 items in her cart. I counted them with the efficiency of Dustin Hoffman's character in Rain Man (21, 21, 21, definitely 63 items in the cart...definitely).

I was so mad that I told her off...in my head...while I stood there and did absolutely nothing.

I hate it when people do not think the rules apply to them.

I was so frustrated that I had to calm down before I could get back in my car and go 75mph in a 70mph zone all the way home.

I am such a hypocrite.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I was in WM in Mt Pleasant the day after Christmas, too! Did you see that guy the police were hauling away? Apparently, he's assaulted some old lady in the express lane...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way about WM around the holidays, except i went on Christmas Day. I went out of my way just to pick up a bottle of sparkling grape juice. I pulled into the parking lot and there were only three cars there, but when I walked up to the automatic doors, they did not open. I thought WM never closed. Even if it was announced that a hurricane was coming, I would have thought they would still be open selling there Great Value brand products for great prices. So note to self and anyone who reads this comment, WM is closed on Christmas.

    ReplyDelete